Five Compelling Reasons Why You Must Create Experiences
1. Experiential marketing has demonstrated itself as the #1 medium leading to purchase decisions.
2. 50%+ of those polled agree experiential marketing inspires action e.g. word of mouth occurs following brand experience.
3. 80% of those polled agree experiences create awareness and understanding. This experiential learning is more likely to result in credibility far more powerfully than any other communication.
4. 81% agree experiential marketing makes your audience more receptive marketing.
5. 85% agree they would recommend to others about participating in a live event.
*The above above in part come from a Promo Magazine Experiential Marketing Study.
Marketing Trends in 2012 focus on "more experiential marketing". Business marketing becomes more intimate and engaging than ever before. Source: New York Enterprise Report.
White papers released by Cornell University regarding Face-to-Face experiences show there are three reasons why live events continue to be an essential part of the marketing mix:
1. In person events are better suited for capturing the attendee's attention;
2. They inspire positive emotions; and
3. Face to Face builds networks and relationships.
Virtual meetings are an effective complement to — but not a replacement for — face-to-face gatherings.
A report by Martiz Travel Co. President and CEO, Christine Duffy and Maritz Institute executive director Mary Beth McEuen, concluded face-to-face meetings are valuable and viable for three reasons:
1. These meetings capture attendees' attention,
2. These meetings inspire a positive emotional climate, and
3. These events allow attendees to build human networks and relationships.
The white paper also found face-to-face meetings are especially effective for large groups.
Behavior and Influence
Individuals report one of the three items they cannot leave home or do without is their cell phone. Add this behavior to understanding many individuals spend their time in front of a computer or television, you begin to realize where the subconscious need for humans to crave connection and certainty comes from.
From the distraction media clutter and cyber noise by connecting with your audience at the sub conscious level you connect with them in a place where more than 80% of the human mind processes what and how they act or react to an external stimulus. This is the domain where emotions are formed and brought to surface to effect any decision making that takes place.
We have grown up accustomed to a parent's loving touch, the certainty created by a handshake, and the belief one can see into the soul of another by looking into their eyes.
When you connect with someone physically we bring back a level of humanity lost and can satisfy one or more of the individuals human needs while stirring their emotional state. This communication takes place at a sub consciously powerful level.